The purpose of the Lady Butterflies Mentoring & Leadership program is to help teen girls build leadership skills like self-reflection, critical thinking, sound decision-making, goal setting, clear communication and personal accountability. This program shall provide opportunities for the teen girls to realize their full potential and mix with other teen girls who may be different than themselves. We strive to help maximize each teen girl’s self-development, helping to build their self esteem to lead to better life choices and opportunities.
Mentoring & Leadership Sessions shall take place the 1st Saturday of every month from (2:00pm – 5:00pm) – beginning September 2013-July 2014 – Food/Drink shall be provided. All sessions will be held at the Whetstone Community Center – 3923 N. High Street, Columbus, OH 43214 (On COTA bus route) – We can provide bus tickets if needed.
Teen Girls will be grouped by ages 13-15 and 16-19. Teen Girl Leaders are Jessica & Elyse.
Areas of Development:
- Working (Career Building, Money Management, Interviewing, Networking, Goals,Computer Skills, Accountability, and more…)
- Learning Styles & Skills (College Readiness, Problem Solving, Identifying Talents, and more…)
- Thriving (Etiquette, Peer Pressure, Fitness & Health, Relationships, Self Esteem, Hygiene, and more…)
- Connecting (Social Behaviors, Skills & Attitudes, Trust, Interpersonal Skills, Communication, and more…)
- Leading (Ethics, Respect, Choices, Attitude, Teamwork, Responsibility, Purpose, and more…)
Parents/Guardians & Teen Girls must register and attend a Saturday orientation–choose (ONE) of the following dates:
- August 3: Livingston Library
- August 10: Franklinton Library
- August 17: Parsons Library
- August 17: Gahanna Library
To Register? Have Questions? Interested, but can’t attend orientation? Please contact Jessica, Elyse, or Felicia @ 614-836-4665 or email us at PCTeensDiv@yahoo.com.